The Platters - Their Greatest Hits And Finest Performances



3CD Set
Released 1993/4
Cat No.: RDCD761-3 (RDC92421-3)
RD Code: PLAT 298
Compiled by Polygram Special Markets

This collection was not actually compiled by Reader's Digest. RD always had a non-explainable alliance with Polygram (now Universal) and it was they who created this, and many other future RD releases. Polygram had difficulty reaching their target markets for this type of product, and with RD customers being perfect for this kind of release, they licensed it complete to RD US who had a big success with it. Other RD editions, including UK, were then ordered to release the set as local product (hence the UK product numbers) and, all critisisms aside, it did sell reasonably well. Personally I never understood, why RD would share most of the profits with an inferior product that RD could have made itself, better, for a fraction of the cost.



CD1
PROGRAMME 1           THEIR GOLDEN GREATS

1 - Only You (And You Alone)
2 - My Prayer
3 - Magic Touch
4 - The Great Pretender
5 - You'll Never Know
6 - Enchanted
7 - When I Fall In Love
8 - Smoke Gets In Your Eyes
9 - Twilight Time
10 - Harbour Lights

PROGRAMME 2           ALL-TIME ROMATIC FAVOURITES

11 - I'm Sorry
12 - My Dream
13 - I Only Have Eyes For You
14 - Heaven On Earth
15 - P.S. I Love You
16 - Glory Of Love
17 - He's Mine
18 - One In A Million
19 - It Isn't Right
20 - On My Word Of Honour

CD2
PROGRAMME 3           ON BROADWAY

21 - Summertime
22 - September Song
23 - People Will Say We're In Love
24 - Stormy Weather
25 - You'll Never Walk Alone

PROGRAMME 4           IN HOLLYWOOD

26 - Over The Rainbow
27 - Singin' In The Rain
28 - Love Is A Many Splendoured Thing
29 - Song From 'Moulin Rouge'
30 - Theme From 'A Summer Place'

PROGRAMME 5           REMEMBERING THE 30S

31 - Pennies From Heaven
32 - My Old Flame
33 - Thanks For The Memory
34 - September In The Rain
35 - I'm Gonna Sit Right Down And Write Myself A Letter
36 - If I Didn't Care
37 - My Reverie
38 - Red Sails In The Sunset
39 - Let's Fall In Love
40 - Once In A While

CD3
PROGRAMME 6           REMEMBERING THE 40S

41 - Sentimental Journey
42 - To Each His Own
43 - I'll Never Smile Again
44 - As Time Goes By
45 - Embraceable You
46 - You Made Me Love You
47 - Maria Elena
48 - You'll Never Know (Just How Much I Love You)
49 - Sleepy Lagoon
50 - All The Things You Are

PROGRAMME 7           REMEMBERING THE 50S

51 - Too Young
52 - Sincerely
53 - Crying In The Chapel
54 - Love Me Tender
55 - Ebb Tide

PROGRAMME 8           MOONLIGHT MEMORIES

56 - In The Still Of The Night
57 - Moonlight And Roses
58 - Shine On, Harvest Moon
59 - I'll See You In My Dreams
60 - Goodnight, Sweetheart, Goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment