Romantic Reflections of the 60s and 70s



6CD Set
Released January 1994
Cat No.: RDCD701-6 (RDC92371-4)
RD Code: RRSS 252
Compiled by M Moritz/ J K Hall

This was the first collection that I worked on that used licensed material, and I learnt so much about compiling from this single project... mostly what NOT to do! The concept and most of the tracks had already been decided, but when intended tracks were being lost (as they always were for various reasons) it was passed to 'the new boy' to find replacements. 'Lesson 1' - "Never take over a project from someone else", their idea and your's are inevitably different, and tracks don't always gel together when this happens. 'Lesson 2' - "Never create a concept based around the lyrics of songs" - the concept was that each programme told of an aspect of a fictional love story - from first love, through rocky relationships to eternal love. This meant that every song had to be checked thoroughly for it's lyrical content. It's amazing how many 'love songs' are actually nothing of the kind! Disguised hate songs, songs about dead partners, and songs about 'illegal practices' were all songs I had to reject from the concept! 'Lesson 3' was to try everything in my power to stop the current practice of programming the length of sides for cassette and then converting them for CD. When shuffling around tracks for a yearly overview, it's just a simple matter of shifting the titles of the years included. But when trying to make songs fit onto a CD by their lyrics, it becomes a complete mess. The practice changed soon after this release....

CD1 First Love / True Love Ways (Part 1)

1 - Theme For A Dream - Cliff Richard
2 - Go Away Little Girl - Mark Wynter
3 - Calender Girl - Neil Sedaka
4 - Wonderful World Of The Young - Danny Williams
5 - First Time - Adam Faith
6 - Angelo - Brotherhood Of Man
7 - You're The First, My Last, My Everything - Barry White
8 - Sugar Candy Kisses - Mac & Katie Kissoon
9 - Arms Of Mary - Sutherland Brothers And Quiver
10 - A Groovy Kind Of Love - Mindbenders
11 - Yes I Will - Hollies
12 - Hello Little Girl - Fourmost
13 - When You Walk In The Room - Searchers
14 - She'd Rather Be With Me - Turtles
15 - Falling - Roy Orbison
16 - Hold Me Close - David Essex
17 - True Love Ways - Peter And Gordon
18 - Because I Love You - Georgie Fame
19 - Funny Familiar Forgotten Feelings - Tom Jones
20 - Someone, Someone - Brian Poole And The Tremeloes
21 - Goodbye Sam, Hello Samantha - Cliff Richard


CD2 True Love Ways (Concluded) / Funny How Love Can Be (Part 1)


22 - I Only Wanna Be With You - Bay City Rollers
23 - (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher And Higher - Jackie Wilson
24 - My Baby Loves Lovin' - White Plains
25 - Little Things - Dave Berry
26 - Lady Rose - Mungo Jerry
27 - My Love - Petula Clark
28 - Loving And Free - Kiki Dee
29 - Bring It On Home To Me / You Send Me - Rod Stewart
30 - Who Were You With In The Moonlight? - Dollar
31 - Message To Martha (Kentucky Bluebird) - Adam Faith
32 - It's All Over - Cliff Richard
33 - Are You Sure? - Allisons
34 - You're No Good - Swinging Blue Jeans
35 - All I See Is You - Dusty Springfield
36 - Funny How Love Can Be - Ivy League
37 - Torn Between Two Lovers - Mary MacGregor
38 - Rose Garden - Lynn Anderson
39 - Need Your Love So Bad - Fleetwood Mac


CD3 Funny How Love Can Be (Concluded) / All My Love


40 - (It's Like A) Sad Old Kinda Movie - Pickettywitch
41 - Storm In A Teacup - Fortunes
42 - Don't Leave Me This Way - Harold Melvin And The Blue Notes
43 - Wedding Bell Blues - Fifth Dimension
44 - Dream A Little Dream Of Me - Mama Cass
45 - All My Love - Cliff Richard
46 - Wishin' And Hopin' - Dusty Springfield
47 - I've Got You On My Mind - White Plains
48 - Have Pity On The Boy - Paul And Barry Ryan
49 - Goin' Out Of My Head - Dodie West
50 - I'm Into Something Good - Herman's Hermits
51 - Wonderful World - Johnny Nash
52 - More Than I Can Say - Bobby Vee
53 - Won`t Somebody Dance With Me - Lynsey De Paul
54 - Cupid - Johnny Nash
55 - You To Me Are Everything - Real Thing
56 - Say You Don't Mind - Colin Blunstone
57 - All I Really Want To Do - Byrds

CD4 Happy Together / Tears On My Pillow (Part 1)
 
58 - Happy Together - Turtles
59 - Twelfth Of Never - Cliff Richard
60 - Darlin' - Beach Boys
61 - Michelle - Overlanders
62 - It Must Be Love - Labi Siffre
63 - All I Ever Need Is You - Sonny And Cher
64 - Dedicated To The One I Love - Mamas And The Papas
65 - Lovely Day - Bill Withers
66 - It May Be Winter Outside (But In My Heart It's Spring) - Love Unlimited
67 - When You’re In Love With A Beautiful Woman - Dr Hook
68 - Peaceful - Georgie Fame
69 - Thanks For Saving My Life - Billy Paul
70 - I'm Gonna Make You Mine - Lou Christie
71 - I Get The Sweetest Feeling - Jackie Wilson
72 - A World Without Love - Peter And Gordon
73 - Sorrow - Merseys
74 - Oh Lonesome Me - Craig Douglas
75 - Where Is Tomorrow - Cilla Black
76 - Lonesome - Adam Faith

CD5 Tears On My Pillow (Concluded) / The Way We Were (Part 1)
 
77 - Monday Monday - Mamas And The Papas
78 - First Cut Is The Deepest - P.P.Arnold
79 - You've Got Your Troubles - Fortunes
80 - Tears On My Pillow - Johnny Nash
81 - Na - Na Is The Saddest Word - Stylistics
82 - Can't Get By Without You - Real Thing
83 - Don't Do It Baby - Mac & Katie Kissoon
84 - When Two Worlds Drift Apart - Cliff Richard
85 - As Tears Go By - Marianne Faithfull
86 - Remember (Walkin' In The Sand) - Shangri - Las
87 - Goin' Back - Dusty Springfield
88 - Bringing On Back The Good Times - Love Affair
89 - Things We Do For Love - 10cc
90 - Take Me Home Country Roads - Olivia Newton - John
91 - Love Really Hurts Without You - Billy Ocean
92 - Love I Lost - Harold Melvin And The Bluenotes
93 - Way We Were  -  Try To Remember - Gladys Knight And The Pips

CD6 The Way We Were (Concluded) / Everlasting Love
 
94 - Let's Pretend - Lulu
95 - Man Of The World - Fleetwood Mac
96 - Our Last Song Together - Neil Sedaka
97 - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road - Elton John
98 - Chapel Of Love - Dixie Cups
99 - Always And Forever - Heatwave
100 - Let Me Be There - Olivia Newton - John
101 - Years May Come, Years May Go - Herman's Hermits
102 - Game Of Love - Wayne Fontana And The Mindbenders
103 - The Wedding - Julie Rogers
104 - I Couldn't Live Without Your Love - Petula Clark
105 - Everlasting Love - Love Affair
106 - Why? - Anthony Newley
107 - I'm Stone In Love With You - Johnny Mathis
108 - (You Don't Know) How Glad I Am - Kiki Dee
109 - (You're ) Having My Baby - Paul Anka
110 - Forever And Ever - Demis Roussos
111 - Sweet Understanding Love - Four Tops

No comments:

Post a Comment