THE GOLDEN AGE OF ROCK 'N' ROLL - 1963



Fifth volume in THE GOLDEN AGE OF ROCK 'N' ROLL series. This was to run for 13 volumes.

3CD Set
Released April 1997
Cat No.: RDCD1571-3   RDC93241-3
RD Code: RR63 005
Series Code 57
Compilation by M Moritz, Production by P Marchant



CD1  Sweets For My Sweet – Hot Hits Of 1963

1 - I Only Want To Be With You - Dusty Springfield
2 - Bad To Me - Billy J.Kramer And The Dakotas
3 - How Do You Do It - Gerry And The Pacemakers
4 - Sweets For My Sweet - Searchers
5 - Foot Tapper - Shadows
6 - Mockingbird - Inez And Charlie Foxx
7 - Surfin' U.S.A. - Beach Boys
8 - Memphis Tennessee - Chuck Berry
9 - Blue Bayou - Roy Orbison
10 - Do You Love Me? - Brian Poole And The Tremeloes
11 - Diamonds - Jet Harris & Tony Meehan
12 - I'm Telling You Now - Freddie & The Dreamers
13 - Sugar And Spice - Searchers
14 - Follow The Boys - Connie Francis
15 - First Time~The - Adam Faith
16 - I'll Keep You Satisfied - Billy J.Kramer And The Dakotas
17 - It Only Took A Minute - Joe Brown
18 - Atlantis - Shadows
19 - Mecca - Gene Pitney
20 - In Summer - Billy Fury
21 - I'll Never Get Over You - Johnny Kidd And The Pirates
22 - Scarlett O'Hara - Jet Harris & Tony Meehan
23 - Searchin' - Hollies
24 - Night Has A Thousand Eyes~The - Bobby Vee

CD2  Wipe Out – Party Rock 1963

25 - I Like It - Gerry And The Pacemakers
26 - It's My Party - Lesley Gore
27 - If You Gotta Make A Fool Of Somebody - Freddie & The Dreamers
28 - Shindig - Shadows
29 - Just Like Eddie - Heinz
30 - My Boyfriend's Back - Angels
31 - Cruel Sea~The - Dakotas
32 - Bo Diddley - Buddy Holly
33 - Louie Louie - Kingsmen
34 - Surf City - Jan And Dean
35 - Tell Him - Billie Davis
36 - Wipe Out - Surfaris
37 - Hello Little Girl - Fourmost
38 - Applejack - Jet Harris & Tony Meehan
39 - You Were Made For Me - Freddie & The Dreamers
40 - Pipeline - Chantays
41 - Brown Eyed Handsome Man - Buddy Holly
42 - Little Deuce Coupe - Beach Boys
43 - Let's Turkey Trot - Little Eva
44 - Geronimo - Shadows
45 - That's What Love Will Do - Joe Brown
46 - I Can Dance - Brian Poole And The Tremeloes
47 - Don't You Think It's Time - Mike Berry
48 - Yakety Sax - Boots Randolph
49 - Mr. Bass Man - Johnny Cymbal

CD3  Our Day Will Come – Teenage Love 1963

50 - Do You Want To Know A Secret? - Billy J.Kramer And The Dakotas
51 - Losing You - Brenda Lee
52 - Swinging On A Star - Big Dee Irwin
53 - I Will Follow Him - Little Peggy March
54 - In Dreams - Roy Orbison
55 - Our Day Will Come - Ruby And the Romantics
56 - Wishing - Buddy Holly
57 - Little Town Flirt - Del Shannon
58 - Half Heaven  -  Half Heartache - Gene Pitney
59 - Like I've Never Been Gone - Billy Fury
60 - All Alone Am I - Brenda Lee
61 - You Don't Have To Be A Baby To Cry - Caravelles
62 - Falling - Roy Orbison
63 - I'm Leaving It Up To You - Dale And Grace
64 - Two Kinds of Teardrops - Del Shannon
65 - Hey Paula - Paul And Paula
66 - Foolish Little Girl - Shirelles
67 - End Of The World~The - Skeeter Davis
68 - When Will You Say I Love You - Billy Fury
69 - Till Then - Classics
70 - In My Room - Beach Boys
71 - True Love Never Runs Smooth - Gene Pitney
72 - You'll Never Walk Alone - Gerry And The Pacemakers

 



2 comments:

  1. I saw a review on Amazon saying this volume is "full of re-recordings". Would you please tell me if this true of the whole series? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as I can tell this, and all the other albums in the series use the original tracks licensed from the original owners. Only a few tracks were originally recorded previously, but these were the 1963 (or whatever year) versions.

      Delete