All That Glitters




3 CD / Cassette Set
Released 1997
Cat No.: RDCD1771-3 (RDC93441-3)
RD Code: GLAM 403
Compiled by J K Hall
Produced by P Marchant

It was a major blow to me, whilst compiling this set, that I lost the T Rex recordings. I already knew that I couldn't get Bowie, how could I have a 'glam rock' set without him OR Marc Bolan? The problem was quickly solved by making a fast deal with the BBC. Not always the easiest companies to work with, I mangaed to find a really helpful contact at their head office, who fast tracked the license for the tracks I needed. Unfortunately the contact left the BBC within a few months, and it once again, became increasingly difficult to get anything from them for future collections. Shame, they had a huge catalogue at the time that was being under-used, and RD management didn't seem to want to 'waste time' on getting another deal in place.
One of my favourite packs, musically, the pack featured several rare b-sides, and I still have the 'boot' that was used for the advert! (see below)



CD1 – Blockbuster!

1 - Gary Glitter - I'm The Leader Of The Gang (I Am!)
2 - Suzi Quatro - Can The Can
3 - Slade - Cum On Feel The Noize
4 - Mud - Tiger Feet
5 - Sweet - Blockbuster
6 - Blue Barry - (Dancing) On A Saturday Night
7 - Hello - Tell Him
8 - Glitter Band - Angel Face
9 - Showaddywaddy - Hey Rock And Roll
10 - Wizzard - See My Baby Jive
11 - Arrows - A Touch Too Much
12 - Mott the Hoople - All The Way From Memphis
13 - Be Bop Deluxe - Ships In The Night
14 - Gary Glitter - You Belong To Me
15 - Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel - (Come Up And See Me) Make Me Smile
16 - David Essex - Gonna Make You A Star
17 - T. Rex - Hot Love (BBC Recording)

CD2 – Forever And Ever

18 - David Essex - Hold Me Close
19 - Slade - Coz I Luv You
20 - Hello - New York Groove
21 - Suzi Quatro - Ain't Ya Somethin' Honey
22 - Gary Glitter - Oh Yes! You're Beautiful
23 - Nazareth - Love Hurts
24 - Slik - Forever And Ever
25 - T. Rex - Ride A White Swan (BBC Recording)
26 - Showaddywaddy - You Will Lose Your Love Tomorrow
27 - Kenny - Baby I Love You, OK
28 - Mud - Show Me You're A Woman
29 - Middle of the Road - Samson And Delilah
30 - Suzi Quatro - Fever
31 - Glitter Band - The Tears I Cried
32 - Gary Glitter - Hands Up It's A Stick Up
33 - Jet - My River
34 - Wizzard - Angel Fingers (A Teen Ballad)
35 - Blue Barry - School Love
36 - Showaddywaddy - Sweet Music

CD3 – Dynamite!

37 - Sweet - Ballroom Blitz
38 - Wizzard - Ball Park Incident
39 - Mud - Dyna - Mite
40 - Slade - Don't Blame Me
41 - New York Dolls - Jet Boy
42 - Gary Glitter - Rock And Roll (Part 2)
43 - Showaddywaddy - Rock 'N' Roll Lady
44 - Kenny - The Bump
45 - Suzi Quatro - The Wild One
46 - Barry Blue - Hot Shot
47 - Glitter Band - Let's Get Together Again
48 - Hello - Star Studded Sham
49 - Sweet - Little Willy
50 - Nazareth - My White Bicycle
51 - David Essex - Coming Home
52 - Cockney Rebel - Mr Soft
53 - Slade - Far Far Away
54 - T. Rex - Life's A Gas (BBC Recording)
55 - T. Rex - Jeepster (BBC Recording)



No comments:

Post a Comment